- This is a way to let your voice be heard. We want to know what your healthcare experiences are and how we can help.
- Getting tested for Hepatitis C and HIV will enable you to protect the health of yourself and your community.
- You can be linked to treatment if you have a positive result. A cure is available for HCV .
- You can find out about other resources that are available for you, regardless of your status.
- If you participate you can get up to $110 in gift cards!
This study is not open to the general public, however, if you or someone you know is interested, please contact us or visit the nearest participating syringe exchange program (SEP). Clients visiting one of our partner SEP sites may see if they are eligible or people may be referred to join by somebody they know.
The study has 3 components. 1) Completing a 45 minute survey, 2) Getting testing for HIV and HCV, and if asked 3) referring peers who might be eligible to join
The main part of the study is about 1 hour long and can be done at one of our
partner sites. Depending how you join, you may do the survey at home. In the weeks after you join, we may contact you about your peer referrals. Check out our referral information page for details
Treatment is not offered as part of this study. However, if you test positive for either HCV or HIV, the syringe exchange program (SEP) staff will help connect you with medical care
People are welcome to this study no matter their HCV or HIV history. You will be asked and be paid to get tested again, regardless of your history. You may be asked by staff or survey about your testing or status and we ask that you answer honestly
All information obtained in this study is strictly confidential. Only authorized study personnel will be able to access this information. We have a Certificate of Confidentiality from the National Institutes of Health, which protects your data from being used in legal proceedings at the federal, state, and local levels.
Please contact Sarah Shufelt at 518-402-4903 or email@example.com for any questions about joining, your survey, referrals, or gift cards.